View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Maggie08
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My darling is gone

I recently came across this site and it is such a joy to see that I'm not the only one who loves their yorkies so much. My darling baby girl, (12) Pixie, died in my arms two days ago. I am so devastated I just can't cope with it. I have a physical pain in my heart. She was everything to me. She had seen me through so many bad and sad days and never failed to cheer me up. I don't know how I'm going to cope without her. I have a lot of health problems and she was the only reason I got up in the morning. She was a part of every routine I have. And I didn't even realise until last week how sick she was.

On March 13th last, she vomited over three times and when I looked at her gums she was extremely pale and her heart was beating very slowly. I thought maybe she was going to have a heart attack, but then I assumed it was just the nausea she was feeling. But she came around from it and was lethargic but her colour returned. I took her to the vet and he said it was probably something she ate and gave her some antibiotic cover. She seemed to be coming back to herself the next few days but on the night of March 16 she had another episode and then began to cough and breathe heavily. I took her to the vet as soon as he opened and he said her heart was under pressure and gave her a diuretic and anti-inflammatory injection and told me to bring her back the next day. So I did. Saw the chief vet who said she had serious lung infection. My heart almost stopped when he said to prepare myself for the worst. He said it was most unusual for dogs to get lower respiratory infections so there must be an underlying cause. He gave her steroid and antibiotic injection for two days in a row. Her breathing continued to be laboured but her spirits were really high and I prayed she was getting better. On Friday night she was again in high spirits. She ate very well but was drinking a lot. I put her to bed around 1am and when I woke at 2.30am she had been sick in her bed and I just knew something was desperately wrong. I lifted her up, she made the most heart-breaking retching sound and went limp in my arms and died. She obviously had a heart attack. I began to wail. How could this happen so fast? I've never experienced something so heartbreaking in my life. I am so devestated. She never gave an indication she was unwell. The only thing she used to do was cough a little after she ate or drank water. I feel so guilty that I didn't notice before this and get her heart treated. The vet never mentioned that she might have heart trouble. How am I going to get through this? Has anybody ever had their beloved die of a heart attack? Are her symptoms familiar to anybody?

I am so sorry for this long post but I am going to burst if I can't get it out. Please help me.
Maggie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!