Thread: BAby Doll Face
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #19
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

this was mentioned at the dog park the other day...how one of the yorkies has a longer nose and how it "didn't look right". It really bothered me since I know that in the history of the yorkies, they nose was longer and that the shorter nose is not really "standard" if you look down the lines. BUT they seem to be in higher demand. I have to say...when looking for my first yorkie that was my "pet", I wanted the shorter face...I thought they looked cute. and in maggie, i do have a shorter nose...but not too short.

as I did my research, I realized that there is a lot of differing opinions about this and there is kinda a fine line. you don't want the nose too long and too pointy, but if you want to breed show quality dogs, you "should" go for less of a "baby doll" face and stick with that 'in the middle' look. not too long and pointy, but not too short and pudgy. so again, I think it is a fine line. and it all depends on what you are wanting....

for a pet...many would probably prefer the "baby doll" look, but when breeding for show, you would probably not shoot for that to be the primary look.

and like others said..it's all up to the judge. you just never know.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!