View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
mire
Yorkie Yakker

Default Thank you to everyone who responded!

After "hyperventilating" upon seeing my baby boy with a bloody gash in his nose, I read all your responses and collected myself. I called my vet who agreed with everything the first poster mentioned. However she was mostly concerned with infection and wanted to start my Yorkie on antibiotics as soon we saw anything amiss (any behavior change, fever, oozing from the wound...)

Turns out my Yorkie is fine and he's healing nicely. But that did not stop me from speaking to the neighbor who owns the Jack Russell. My hubby wasn't happy about it but it made me feel a lot better. My neighbor was completely sympathetic, apologized profusely and offered to pay any costs involved and that was wonderful for me to hear.

As for getting the dogs to play together, it sounds wonderful in theory but it's not a theory I am willing to test. The Jack Russell has been like this for years and is older and will probably not change. My vet seems to think this dog has already had a taste of my Yorkie and learned two things: he can get blood and he knows my Yorkie will not fight back. Next time could be worse and I just can't take that chance.

But thanks to everyone who gave me their opinions. It meant a lot and I weighed it all. I am very glad I can turn to YorkieTalk to get good advice. YorkieTalk rocks

mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!