View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnold808 View Post
I took Teddy in just about a week ago... maybe a little less. It was traumatizing for me, to say the least. He wasn't his little peppy, energetic self til yesterday. And I took him in on thursday. He then had a slight fever and we had to take him to the emergency vet. But now, everything looks fine. It's not fun to do. Luckily my vet has given my OrvaGel (or something similar sounding) to rub across his gums so plaque and tartar won't build up, so I won't have to repeat this experience again for at least a good while.
Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but while OraVet is an awesome product (I use it on Ellie), it doesn't stop all tartar and I wouldn't be surprised if your pup needed another cleaning in a year or so. I brush Ellie's teeth everyday and use OraVet once a month. Nine months after her cleaning she was under for something else and there was enough plaque to clean them again. They do stay pretty clean but sadly not 100%. I imagine I will have to do Ellie's every 1.5-4 years.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!