View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #7
Nikeann07
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 I appreciate your help so much!

Karen ...
You are so right in reminding me that Vets do seem to give the worse that can happen.

Holly had me up every three hours last night wanting to go out an pee then eat.
I gave her about 2 tablespoons ID prescription diet

Karen this note to you was interrupted by a call from my Vet
He wanted to know how Holly was doing ...I have an appt with him at 4 today...It is 8 am now.

When I said she passed about 2 tablespoons of Tapeworms in a bloody muscus stool. He was curious. When I said her mucus was gone and her stools were normal and the bloat was gone after the first pill (Lasix) for water....He now wants her on only one water pill a day....and 1 prednisolone a day ...saying he wants to discontinue that pill as soon as possible....and do another worming.

He also said changing her diet will be easier now...because she will eat anything due to her hunger on the steroid. He wants her off the ID prescription diet (to much fat in it)

I will let you know the results of today's appointment at 4 pm...Holly will have a weigh in. The boat caused her to weigh in at 7.8lbs

Holly is playful today and now acts like she has some energy...even more loving and her tail wags again.( Vet says it is because of the steriods that she is feeling better.)

I have a friend who has a Yorkie pup and she loves those pee bands..she uses them when she travels or visits friends. They are cute..You put a "lite days" pad in them.

Is it normal to be angry with the Breeder about all this? Should I let the breeder know? She has been in business for 24 years.

Holly had two litters of pups with the breeder before I got her. I then had her fixed.

I will ask the Vet about the easy payment guide you mentioned...that will be such a relief in worry for me.

I can't thank you enough
If I were there.... I would hug you!!

Nikeann
Nikeann07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!