View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #9
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinskye
this is totally wrong........... i speak from experience, i have WORKED in autistic clasrooms and also as a one on one with an autistic child. autistic children DO NOT deal well with change, was there any reason for the change of schools???? is this a special ed school or is yorue son mainstreaming into regular ed classes? You dont need to stop at the autism coordinator, you COULD go above her head and go to HEr superior. I dont know what the specification are in youre district but in california we haev a "schools of choice" program which ENABLES you to choose which school you would like youre child to go to (the only exception is that YOU have to be responsible for getting them to school........ HOWEVER, because youre child is autistic the district MUST provide transportation)....
an important thing is to relax..... by getting pissy and irritated you are only going to get attitude back at you , so remain calm....... i think that you will probably be able to get him to stay at the school he is at given the circumstances.......
so why did they transfer him anyways? and are you going to go ot the insurance company with "injuries" ????

I haven't really figured out why they are wanting to transfer him. something about a new class that with Ethan there is 3, if he were having issues where he is now and not thriving I would not say anything but he's not he has improved by leaps and bounds every year. Anyway I did met with the other teacher this morning and told him, this has absolutely nothing to do with him or his school I just felt in my heart that Ethan needs to remain where he has been ever since he has been in school, and that this is not a personal attack to him.

I'm not stopping there. I'm trying to remain as calm as possible and not have an attitude and just emphasize what I want done and that I'm not giving up. She dosen't know my child and what he is and is not capable of to her he's just a number or a statistic. I have to admit they have a wonderful special needs program in the public school system. Ethan has been in it and the same school since he was 4. I will probably have to go through all kinds of meetings but I will do whatever it takes. My husband thinks I should just let it go. I told him I can't that I will do what I have to and he can just stay out of it.

Last edited by shecass; 08-15-2005 at 12:04 PM.
shecass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!