View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrn View Post
If you mix 1/3 new food with 2/3 old food and then gradually start increasing the new food and decreasing the old food after a couple of days. Peppers birth mom had her on euc and I transitioned her pretty easy(granted I changed her to iams puppy so not much of a change) Just now getting her and her brothers started on dick van pattons nb so I'm going through the same transition again. Can you seperate the 2 dogs during feeding so the foster pup doesn't get the low cal food??
haha...I feed them in the same place, and at the EXACT same time so that they'll both eat their OWN food....they've done pretty well. It's funny that they both try to eat each other's food at first. But I think both of them will eat just about anything, LOL. The foster dog won't eat the treats though and won't eat apples or carrots....Max will eat EVERYTHING .

I'm just not quite sure if it's ok for me to feed this guy so much....he seems to be ok with it so far, but I don't want to tip the scales in the wrong direction (not that he's going to gain too much weight; he's REALLY thin, but I don't want to set up any bad habits either, like expecting to be fed every couple of hours for the rest of his life). I can't leave food down or Max will eat it all.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!