Thread: Militay Wifes
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
Mayas Mommy
..... and BLAIR'S too ......
Donating Member

Exclamation Militay Wifes

Military Wife.......

To some people this may not mean much. The mailman may not understand why he finds a letter in a Military Wife’s mailbox everyday addressed to an APO. The woman in the car next to the Military Wife may not comprehend why she is crying to “When Your Gone”. The child of the soldier may be to young to understand why daddy is gone, but the Military Wife reassures the child daddy is doing his job and will be home soon to give them many many hugs, and lots of kisses. Strangers of the Military wife may comment “I don’t know how you do it”. Well frankly I don’t either. I just pray to GOD - Lord please keep my soldier safe, and bring him home to us soon! And we just take it one day at a time. The neighbor of the Military Wife may ask “How many more days till your husband is home?” Fifteen I shout! The neighbor then replies I knew you would know. You may have heard the phrase “Army Wife…Toughest job in the Military”. I certainly have not been enlisted in the Military. I don’t know what it’s like to fire a gun at an object hundreds of feet away. Nor do I know how it feels to have on DCU’S in one hundred and thirty degree heat. I don’t know what it feels like to leave and wonder if I will ever return. I do not know what it’s like to be shot at, and at the same time be praying to GOD to please let me get home to my family safely. But what I do know is that the phrase .......

"ARMY WIFE…TOUGHEST JOB IN THE MILITARY”

......could not be put any better. It is a very demanding,stressful, and hard. And to be the one left at home having to avoid watching the news, reading the newspaper or checking email in fear of a Notification. That’s tough! That’s not the toughest thing though. It is many things. Going to bed without my husband every night for up to 18 months. Coming home and not being able to share my day with him. Watching our child grow right before my very eyes, knowing my husband is missing this special part of our child’s life. Even worse, knowing that my husband knows that too.

I am not writing so that people will have sympathy for Military Wives or their soldiers. It is a life style I have grown accustom to and learned to love. Although it is tough to have the love of my life taking away, nothing could make me more proud than when I see my soldier in uniform. The feeling I get when he wakes up at four am every morning and puts on those boots, and BDU’S could never be replaced. I am always trying to figure out how and where he gets his courage, and strength. To be able to leave his family, the people he holds so dearly in his heart to go off and protect people he doesn’t even know. If half the world could have his courage and strength we would be pretty well off.

I am simply writing to let other Military Wives know they are not alone. It’s a tough job…but somebody’s got to do it! Right? There is something about you, and me that GOD thought was special. That’s why he picked us to be a Military WIFE. He knew we could handle the TOUGHEST job!

BLESS OUR TROOPS

Last edited by Mayas Mommy; 03-23-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Mayas Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!