View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Rae Rae
YT 3000 Club Member

Angry Rocky and Bella are so mean!

Sorry this is kinda long

So today Bella's sister came over, and last time she came over Bella really didn't care for her, would growl if she got too close, then Rocky would come in and "protect" Bella, warning London (her sister) to back off. We were able to let them roam around though, didn't have to physically keep them separated, they just couldn't get in eachothers faces.

So today when she comes over, Bella and Rocky were being little terrors! I was so upset with them. Right away, One of them, either Rocky or Bella I can't remember (sorry it's kinda late and I'm ready to pass out) started ATTACKING London! Then of course, when the first two go at it, the third one is right there and gets in, we literally had to pull them apart! It got to the point where we had to keep them separated, first Rocky and Bella in the playpen, then Rocky and Bella on the one couch with me while my friend held London on the other couch, then either Rocky and Bella downstairs and London upstairs, and vice versa..you get the picture. But it was everytime they would run by eachother or anything, there would be a brawl. Bella is a HUGE instigator, but her sister is like twice her size so then she backs down and gets scared, so by the two seconds it takes for me and my friends to get them, Bella is looking all innocent and like she's the victim!

I have no idea why they are doing this. They really don't care for other dogs, when they were younger they had no problems, and I've always brought them to meet other dogs, never held them back (unless it was a big dog that could hurt them) so I don't think I've ever did anything that could encourage this behavior. In their training they were fine with the other dogs, unless the dogs got to close. As of now Rocky allows only 4 dogs into his "circle" (including Bella). Bella is great with Rocky, but she's being so mean, growling, showing teeth, and even trying to snap at other dogs, even my moms 70lb boxer!

Does anyone have any tips or advice on what I can do with this. I want to take them out to meet other dogs, have little doggy friends, go to Petsmart with out going crazy when another dog comes into the same isle, etc, but it's getting to the point where I don't know if it's too late or what. My friend said today she's not going to bring London by anymore because theres no point if they have to constantly keep them away, and I feel bad because I thought maybe if London kept coming by, they would get used to her and warm up to her. Even when we go on walks and they see another dog, you would think the world is ending! What are some training techniques I can do to break them of this habit? I'm desperate!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!