Thread: Day 5
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #24
yellowmellie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm not sure the diet you are talking about but from your dinner it doesnt really sound like a diet. Start by avoiding the mashed potatoes or very sparingly. Eat a ton of salads (with grilled chicken on top if its too boring). Skip the high fat dressings like ranch etc and stick to something like a vinagarette.

"I'm still doing really good..I made turkey, mashed potatoes
and gravy, rolls, green beans and dressing yesterday"

What kind of rolls? You should only be eating whole wheat bread and look at the label. Try to avoid things like "high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, maltodextrin" all are chemically altered sweeteners. You would be surprised how many "healthy" breads contain a bunch of crap that you don't need.

I will say one thing thing you have going for you though is the smaller portions. That is one of the biggest keys to losing weight.

Just remember though, if you are eating a lot of salads (like you should be doing daily anyway, diet or no diet) you will be eating more during the day but its all very healthy for you and a lot less calories.

Sorry, I just had to speak up. I hate to see people getting discouraged with a "diet" and not losing the weight they want but with a few quick easy changes, and they would actually see results.

Good luck!! I love to see people changing their lives for the better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!