View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Thanks Kelly for the breakdown of moisture and protein. When i use that formula for the evo it comes out to .45 so it is really close in protein matter.

so more protein in the raw was processed in the raw making less waste, but since its harder to process the protein in the kibble more is wasted hence the larger poops that don't go away even tho solid gold is considered a great kibble.

what i'm having trouble with i guess is that while i like feeding raw for some of the results it produces i'm still worried that since its "new" it may cause worse results in the end. kibble is what we all grew up with. all of us have seen dogs on kibble live very very long lives. The doc i work with has a 13 year old english mastiff (pretty old for a large breed dog) and that dog used to live on gaines burgers.

i want to fed raw but i feel like what if something bad happens years down the road from now and its linked back to the raw diet. I would be the only one to blame for whatever happens to my dog. I'd feel horrible because everyone else around me had been telling me that i shouldn't feed raw and i was making her sick.

i wish there were scientific articles or peer reviews journals that had information about a raw diet. there are no vets around here that i've met that approve of the raw diet. maybe if i spoke to one i'd feel differently. i don't know. scientific based information about the benefits of a raw diet would be comforting. is there something like that or is everything based on people's own experiences.

I've read about it here and of the yahoo group. so many people feed it, how can it be wrong or bad? i don't know.

as for your questions about Morgan, her tear ducts are clogged and their too small to flush. i've tried. She is on fish oil and vit E. her coat i think just is what it is. tho poofy, its very soft and people love it.

i had given her chicken necks in the past and she just doesn't get it. she's not a big chewer and just wouldn't try long enough to eat the neck. if she can't get it within a few minutes she gives up. lazy girl i tried holding it for her and smashing it up a little for make it easier to eat but it still didn't work.

i was mainly interested in the protein before because i was so confused as to why the protein of the raw food was so much less then the evo kibble and even the solid gold that she mainly eats.

thanks again. would love to hear from other people as well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!