Thread: Home alone
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #11
pokche
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I tried

Everything that you all said I tried. I left her the whole room, the bathroom, the kitchen, the x-pen. She was so nervous that she would dig the floor until her nails where bleeding. If I left a pipi pad, she would chew it and make a big mess. I tried the tissue pad, and she pipi elswhere that on the pad.
The only way I feel she is ok is in her crate. She feels secure I guess. I wish she wouldn't remain as long in it. But we often have day off and I have my cleaning lady once a week that comes and she puts her outside for at least 30 minutes to run around. So it is basically 4 days a week that she stays in there longer.
I just feel that has she will get older and into the routine, she will not be as nervous as right now. When I put her in her crate and I come back 5 minutes after, she usually sleeps already. If I leave her free and come back 5 minutes after, she is in a panick mode, she cries and she barks!

I just bought a new bed for her. I will start training her to sleep beside me again her bed. At least at night she will not go in the crate. I tried before to have her sleep beside me, but she would start to run around to go see the kids in the middle of the night

I use to sleep with her too. But she started to be so attached, that every time I would leave, she would shake and panic. So now, at night she stays with my boyfriend until much later. I feel that her anxiety from separation is getting better!

On weekends, she is not in her crate at all! And with easter, she has a 5 days without the crate. In the summer, we have 8 weeks off So I guess, she will feel more and more secure and in the routine !

But no worries, I take a good care of her and make sure she has everything she needs!

p.s. I put water and food in her crate everyday. And treats. I just bought her a donkey kong... hope she likes it!

Thanks for your help and answers everyone

Join today and remove this ad!