View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Default high protein kiddble against pre-made raw

so i used to feed morgan NV raw. she loved it. however it didn't do anything for her like it does for others. her mouth still stank, her teeth didn't get any whiter and her tear stains were still bad. and nothing can help her poofy coat.

so i did an experiment and put her back on kibble. She is eating solid gold wee bits right now which she likes more then other kibble i had her on pre-raw food. I like the convenience of kibble but hate the poop size and pick up.

so i went to a holistic pet store and asked if they have any kibble that will provide almost the said poop results as raw. They told me to try Evo. I told them that when morgan was younger i had tried her on this and a few mornings out of the week she would vomit bile. So i stopped feeding it. It could have been that she was too young to eat it though so i took a sample and tried it out. things seemed to be going well on day and two, but then on morning three she vomited bile, which she hasn't done in a while. So i figured it was the EVO and stopped mixing it with her solid gold.

EVO red meat has 42% protein.
NV venison has says it has 13% protein.

I never looked at this before but just assumed the raw would be higher in protein. Its not. In fact it has less protein then solid gold kibble she's eating now.

so maybe i'm missing something. i have been a little off lately. Maybe someone can explain this to me. How is it that some people who are against raw say its too high in protein when in fact its not? is it just the possible bacteria that worries people then?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!