View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #49
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillium View Post
You know, sometimes you just CANNOT stop them. My Mum bred Maltese dogs. She had all the precautions set up, numerous gates etc, a foolproof for seperating the Dog and Bitch. But, somehow, they both escaped and met in the middle. Mum has NO idea how they did it, it just happened. In the end, she named one of the pup's Mister Moon because it happened by the light of the moon.

Dogs can open doors, my Suzy can for sure. It takes her 30 seconds to figure out how to open screen doors, push over barricades... she sees a problem and gets around it.

Mistakes happen, dogs get out. Sometimes all the "common sense" in the world won't stop two dogs who want to do what nature says they should be doing.
You are correct, I have been breeding for 12 years and I have had two accidental breeding and believe me I was so mad at myself for not being more careful. These little guys and girls have minds of their own and they can be very sneaky just when you least expect it. They are little houdinis. Both of those accidental breedings resulted in singleton puppies and one of the breedings ended up being the only c-section I have ever had. The other accidental breeding was really stupid on my part because I thought the female was out of heat. She had been in heat 19 days, was not flagging, I let my male out of the bedroom because he was crying and he wanted to go on the front porch with the other dogs. I watch both male and female and they showed no interest in each other. Well, about 30 minutes later I looked down and they were tied. I nearly died. So stupid on my part. I don't need anyone to beat me up about it because I beat myself up. Both times I prayed that they would not be pregnant but the lord had other ideas. I am just telling this so many others will realize that you have to be so careful and even then accidents happens.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!