View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 08:10 PM   #14
newyorkiemom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hi, I am new to Yorkie talk and a new Yorkie owner. My little girl, Tinkerbelle, is also 9 weeks old (dob 12/22/04) and she wouldn't eat either. This past weekend, she got really sick with diahhrea. I took her to the vet Sat. morning and they thought she had parvo. She actually had coccidia. They gave her Albon and baby food. She lost 8 oz and is down to 1 lb 7 oz. Now she doesn't want to eat baby food. So what I have found that she will eat is boiled chicken breast with the broth poured over it. They breeder told me that it won't hurt her. She even suggested plain yogurt, pedialyte, bananas, cooked carrots. I haven't tried those yet, but right now the chicken breast seems to be working. I am also giving her nutristat once a day before I go to work, just to be safe. Mine sleeps quite a bit also. I wonder if it is because she is still so young. I hope my suggestions help you and I would love some Yorkie raising advice my self. This little girl has stolen our hearts and taken over our house. She sleeps in our bed and doesn't like to be alone at all. I don't want to make her rotten, but I want her to feel safe in her new home. I know it has been stressful on her, new home, 3 children, and a new sickness.

newyorkiemom
newyorkiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!