View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Jaya and Jenna
YT 500 Club Member

Default Why does Jenna cower and hide?

Jenna is our second yorkie. She is very rambunctious and outgoing and friendly. However, she cowers sometimes... and will run and hide under furniture if for instance there is a loud noise or there is an argument or something.

It upsets me SO much everytime she does that because I feel like something has happened to her that has forced her to be scared.

She is so outgoing and never afraid of strangers or anything like that, so when she gets frightened, it just confuses me.

We got her from the same breeder we got Jaya from, however, the breeder was in Argentina and she brought Jenna home from there.

I dont know if something happened that has traumatized her, or whether or not its just her personality....

Does anybody else's yorkie cower and act scared sometimes?? I just need to know if it could be just her personality, or whether or not something happened to her before she came to live with us (she is 5 months old, and we brought her home at 10 weeks. She was seperated from her mother at 8 but was socialized and drank milk from one of the breeders other dogs upon arrival in Canada).

Is there anything I can do to make her feel more secure or to support her during her 'scared' episodes??? Even the vacuum cleaner frightens her...... n the thing is that it is totally against her natural personality -which is inquisitive and extremely friendly.

Im so upset about this!!!!!!! We have toned everything down and try to keep a very quiet and calm environment for her, but she still hides
Jaya and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!