View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
Crazy4Carlee
Donating YT Addict

Omg Met My New Neighbor.....We Won't Be Friends

I've never spent so much time in my back yard as I have in the last four weeks! (since bringing home Carlee). So, I never had a chance to meet the neighbors directly in back of us. But, Carlee wanted to say "Hi" to their big mix-breed by putting her head through the chain link fence, which caused me to panic for her life, not knowing that dog at all.

Well, it turns out that later on that day, we were out again, and this time both dog and lady owner were out. Carlee attempts to approach the fence again, which I am now prepared and have a spray bottle on me. This lady assures me that her dog would not harm Carlee in any way and that she would gladly let her play in their yard, if Carlee were a bit bigger playmate for her dog.

I was relieved to hear that and we started talking. She tells me that it's a good thing their dog is a good dog, because she'd have no qualm's in having her husband take the dog out and shoot it if they needed. I chuckled at first, thinking it was a joke, but she said, "I'm serious"!, we're not dog people".

I couldn't believe what I was hearing and pretty much knew right then that I would never be friends with her.

My question, why do people get dog's and feel they can dispose of them if they so choose? I say, "if your not a dog person, don't get a dog!" Sorry to ramble, but I've alway's treated my dog's as family and simply feel other's should too!

Cooper Is My Shining Star!
Crazy4Carlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!