Thread: Questions?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
lowviscosity
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Questions?

Alright, I know I may be called irresponsible and what not but it is what it is.

We have a female by the name of Daisy, she was about 5 lbs. We also have a male Beckham who is close to 7lbs.

I was planning on getting Beckham fixed when we first received him, unfortunately time flew by and we now have a pregnant female.

We have taken a female to a vet that the breeder (of Beckham) recommended. The veterinarian says the female will determine the size of the puppies and if the male was bigger it should not be a big factory. He also states she is in good health condition and should have the puppies fine on her own.

I have read a few articles about if the male is bigger it will require a c-section but my vet says this is not true unless complications arise. Also these article that I have read are not from credible sources (i.e. not published in books) just the internet, which we all know can have large exaggerations.

She's getting close to her due date and I am going to take her in to the vet once more to see if she needs a c-section.

Any input on the situation would be great as I am a little scared. My mother has been through a dog pregnancy before and said it came out wonderful without complication, I just don't this to harm my precious Daisy.
lowviscosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!