Thread: cold little boy
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #25
Yorkie Luv of 3
Ayla now makes it 4!!!
Donating Member

Smile

my Cricket was 16 ounces when i finally got to bring her home!! and I simply could not let her get chilled! not in the least,, i bought a brand new heating pad, ,had it here when i brought her home,, I placed it under her Crate,, which kept her crate/bed plenty warm,, with her bedding,,only thing,, FIRST night,, 1:35 AM i heard the faintest tiny whimpering,, Thank goodness i slept lightly,,I got up thinking she'd need to potty,, and she was COLD to the touch ,shivering slightly,, making the most pitiful little whimper,, I checked and the Brand new heating pad had shut itself OFF,, New Safety Feature for senior citizens,, so they dont fall asleep and damage their skin,, so I quickly got Cricket out,, warmed her up by holding and rubbing her, gave her NutriCal,,she was fine,, soon as she warmed. thats when i discovered the "flaw" in the heating pad,, i returned it that morning and found an old fashioned kind without the auto shutoff. and she slept with it under her crate for over 6 months! and I gave her NutriCal at least daily til she was over a yr old 3 times a day when she was so small.
Yorkie Luv of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!