View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
MIZBROWN
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Well, we just started to crate train Meka. Its been about 3 wks now. The first few nights, I would let her go in and sit...just to get her use to it. At night when its time for bed, I tell her "go night night" and she'll go in it and lay down. In the day when I leave, I tell her "kennel time" and she knows. I have a small "rabbit type" water container attached to it (during the day).

When I let her out, first thing in the morning, she goes downstairs and potty/water... I go home for lunch and let her out to eat/water/potty... then she's back in... Its been working great for us! She was having major accidents when we tried to give her more freedom. I like the kennel because it helps them understand that they have to hold it a little better...imo. Until Meka is fully trained, this is the system we are using.

Her crate is the plastic kind, kinda enclosed. Ive read that you shouldnt have the larger crates with the metal because dogs like den like areas and that kind is too open. They should only have enough room to stand and turn around. and I usually will put Meka's toy dog in there with her... thats it
MIZBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!