View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #9
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislynn5 View Post
Well I have been reading for a while. I was asking one on one what yall do. Not the books. This is not my first puppy but it is my first female to have puppies on my own. My family dog had puppies all my life so I do have some experience of whelping. Any little hints or tips that help yall whelp would be nice!
U know not every dog is the same don't U??? By that I mean they all whelp different even Yorkies. I've had 2 litters with Tiffanie and guess what I was new to it and even came on here like U and yep got my butt ripped but U know what 2 years later I've LEARNED here!!! & I'm still reading to learn. U can't just jump into breeding Yorkies and think it's all gonna be fine when their whelping day comes, there's so MUCH that COULD happen. My Tiffanie was 10 lbs and did just fine with her 1st litter of 4 and our 2nd litter was 6!!! Each litter a year apart. But that didn't mean I wasn't scared to death and thought about all the what if's I for one came here to learn and this is what I'm doing here even after 2 years I'm still learning new things about Breeding, Whelping and Raising Yorkies. We've chose to have Tiffanie spaded due to her throwing out 1 large puppy each whelping, then we adopted Sage who was selected for our Sir. Galahad!!! And we're NOT breeding anymore from June 2007 until The Spring of 2009, why might U ask??? Well Sage is from a different line and she is a different Yorkie then my Tiffanie was and I want to learn more about Whelping, Breeding, choosing a show quality puppy, pet quality puppy and raising them. See no one is a expert at this so please learn all U can!!! It's a MUST when it comes to Yorkies!!! Take my advice it's not easy as U may think. Are U prepared to spend endless sleepless nights with U're upcoming litter? Are U gonna sleep where U're Bitch is sleeping incase she starts whelping at night? Can U wake up at her every little move? Are U prepared to feed U're puppies if U're Bitch doesn't have enough milk? This means every hour on the hour if need be 24/7 not when U choose! Are U prepared if U're Bitch goes into labor and one of her babies gets stuck and can't come out? Do U know how to remove the sack from the puppy? What if the the puppy comes out and doesn't breath on it's own? Do U know how to get it breathing again??? This happened to 1 of our puppies in each litter, by the Grace of God I knew what to do and DID IT Right to help them both and they both made it just fine, without my knowing what to do, do U think those 2 babies could of made it without my help?? Heck NO. See there's more that U need to get prepared for in whelping Yorkies. Do U know how to keep those little babies warm??? Are U ready to be at U're Bitches' and Her Puppies every beck and call for the next 3 months? Are U prepared to have all the vet visits and get all their shots needed? What about C-Section? Do U know the warning signs if U're Bitch can't whelp on her own? What if she looses a puppy can U handle that??? Go to my web site and read a little about what I had to do with our last litter!!!! U may get upset with me but that's okay everything I've said is the truth and U MUST think about the what if's of whelping!!! I suggest U print all the advice here on YT U can find and have read it all before the day U're baby whelps!!! Read over everything U can day and night before she whelps. These is just some thoughts for U to think about before U're baby whelps. And I'm sure there is a lot of what ifs that I've missed and others can tell U about. There's nothing wrong with learning we all learn something new every day
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!