View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #11
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breny View Post

Hubby is frustrated with me with the double gait thing it doesn't bother me to have to remove the gait to get thru but him need I say more??? Men

So I just don't know what else to do.
I know exactly where you are coming from. My husband and I used to be gate climbers and he hated all the gates. One day he found a wonderful Fisher Price baby gate at a yard sale for $5 that goes in the door and you just open it and walk through it. It is 29" tall and I don't have any dogs that can jump it. I have this gate in the door going from my living room to the hallway that leads to the bathroom and bedrooms. Now, I have one other gate that goes into my bedroom that I use sometimes if I have to leave a dog in my bedroom. This is a regular 30" gate so I finally figured out how to make it into a swinging gate. You can get two eyehooks and put them in the door jam and then take a couple of plastic tiewraps and fasten them to the gate on one end. You can then just swing the gate open. I don't even have the other side fastened and the dogs don't try to push it open but if you had to you could just used another eyehook and snap to fasten it closed.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!