Thread: Moving pee pads
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Buddy-licious
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies Angel View Post
When i picked Charlie up from the breeder she was giving me tips on potty training. She told me once he gets the hang of going on the pad..which he has to move it outside and let him go out there until he gets the hang of it. My hubby is upset that we even started to sue the pads, but we had too anyway hes ready for charlie to do his business outside! So I'm ready to move the pad...do any of you have any experiance training this way???
Believe it or not it worked for us!!! Buddy was trained to go on newspaper from his breeder. From the day we got him I immediately started taking him outside to potty but kept the newspaper down inside incase he needed it. At first I started taking the newspaper outside with me so he would get the idea to potty outside. When he potty'ed outside I made a HUGE deal of it.....lots of praises and he always got treats!!! Within a day or two I stopped using the newspaper outside because he caught on pretty quickly.....you potty outside then Mommy does this funny little dance and gives me lots of praises and I get a TREAT!!! For about a week I kept the newspapers down in our mudroom(which my hubby also hated!!!!!) then one day my hubby said just try not using the newspaper!!!! What do you know????? It worked.....he would hold it if there were no newspapers down!!!!! While we were away .....I kept him in the mudroom gated. I was so happy that not having the paper down that he held it!!!!!
Hope this helps!!!! Good luck!!! PM if you need any help!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!