View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
wookie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Hmmm, they didn't want to do a skin scraping and grow it out in culture? Was that mentioned? What is she eating for food and treats? Have you changed her diet in the last six months? Also check between her toes, under her armpits, inspect her chest, all around her neck - look for anything funky there as well. She could be having food allergies. Has she been around any puppies lately (then I would consider mange as well)?
No a skin scraping was never given to me as an option. I've had her since she was born and she's always ate the same kibble, Royal Canine Yorkshire. Yes, I've throughly checked her as well and she has no fleas but she does have a small spot of rash under her left armpit. I guess I need to go back to the vet and tell them the medicines does not work and check do a skin scraping for mange or allergies?

I have 3 yorkies total. Along with having her, I also have her parents and they all eat the same food and her parents does not have any of her symptoms.

I went ahead and got benedryl creme and dabbed small amounts on her spots and will see if this will work out tomorrow.

Thanks for all your suggestions, they are wonderful advices!
wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!