View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #6
lucynfred
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default diaper vs. belly band

I found a diaper made by Four Paws at my local pet store that has velcro tabs. My Luca Dean will not be neutered, so we are heading off the lifting problem by getting him used to the diaper before he starts marking. (He hasn't yet, except for marking the bricks that hold his wee-wee pad in place, but we know he will.) Luca Dean has this uncanny ability to take his clothes off (you'd think he's human sometimes ... very sneaky about it too.) And he will rub on the side of the couch trying to get the diaper off sometimes too. (But it generally stays on -- gets down to just his skivvies (sp?.) The belly band never would have worked for him. He'd have it off in a few seconds and run in, lay it at my feet or chew on it.

Just a thought about band vs. diaper -- but if he is being neutered, he'll lose the urge to mate, but not necessarily the urge to mark things. Luca Dean wore his for housebreaking, and when he wet himself he was very uncomfortable. He finally went to the pad 90% of the time, so we don't use the diaper for now.

Good luck!!!

Also,
lucynfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!