View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
y0rkiesR0ck
YT Addict

Question is it extreme separation anxiety or something more?

hi there,

Kash will be 14 weeks old on Saturday, and we've had him for a little over a month. we leave him confined to the kitchen during the day while we are at work. he still cries everytime we leave, which is understandable at this age... but my concern is that when i get home, and he realizes i'm there, he cries hysterically even after i've picked him up.

as i'm holding him, he just cries and cries and squirms around in my arms... i know he's not ill or hurt because after about 5 minutes of this behavior, he's back to being normal and happy. is this just severe separation anxiety? why does he cry like he's being killed or hurt? i mean, it's not just little whines or whimpers because he missed me. it's full-blown, shrill screaming. i know he's happy to see me, but will he ever calm down completely? i'm not angry at him for this. i just want to make sure that i'm diagnosing his behavior correctly, and that it's nothing deeper than just being a needy puppy.

has anyone else had experience with a young puppy acting this way when you come home from being out? if so, at what age did they realize you'll always come back?

thanks everyone!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!