View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 06:54 AM   #6
BakersDozen
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz View Post
I've been reading some contracts and I have to say some are very dissapointing and the breeders need to bring them up to a higher standard if they want to be considered reputable breeders. Contracts from responsible breeders are in sharp contrast to some of the ones I read.

For example:

The 48 hour blurb, whereby if you don't take your puppy to the vet within 48 hours, the health guarantee is null and void. So, if I take my puppy to the vet in 72 hours and it has, for example, a heart murmur, it's my tough luck. How can you justify that? If the pups are health checked before they leave, why the need for that blurb?
And, I notice that there will be NO refund of money, even if the puppy turns up in ill health within the golden 48 hour period. Even a pet store will refund your money under that circumstance!

You need to stand behind your dogs better than this or understand that these are not the tactics of a reputable breeder.
It is my understanding that the requirement to vet check the puppy on the Buyer's end is so that there is proof later that the pup arrived in good condition. This must be done within a reasonably short period of time to be valid, as anything can happen in a few days as far as injury, etc. Not only does this protect the breeder from later claims that the pup arrived injured, sick, etc., I as a Buyer would always want to vet check the pup anyway.

The no refund of $ thing aggravates me as well....some just offer a replacement pup....well, why in the world would I want another pup from the same breeder? I would want my $$ back! Even if I felt it wasn't the breeder's fault, I would still feel I was entitled to my $.
BakersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!