View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #2
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz View Post
I've been reading some contracts and I have to say some are very dissapointing and the breeders need to bring them up to a higher standard if they want to be considered reputable breeders. Contracts from responsible breeders are in sharp contrast to some of the ones I read.

For example:

The 48 hour blurb, whereby if you don't take your puppy to the vet within 48 hours, the health guarantee is null and void. So, if I take my puppy to the vet in 72 hours and it has, for example, a heart murmur, it's my tough luck. How can you justify that? If the pups are health checked before they leave, why the need for that blurb?

And, I notice that there will be NO refund of money, even if the puppy turns up in ill health within the golden 48 hour period. Even a pet store will refund your money under that circumstance!

You need to stand behind your dogs better than this or understand that these are not the tactics of a reputable breeder.
That's unfortunate in our breed and others!! I refunded someone's money and there was nothing wrong with the puppy they had just decided the puppy wasn't what they wanted. I guarantee my babies for 3 years with congential health defects and I give the new owners a reasonable amount of time to see their vet and that's usually 3 to 4 days and if there is something wrong of course there would be a refund no questions asked! If you are breeding for the right reasons and are ethical then you wouldn't want your contract null and void after a 48 hour period if something were wrong with the puppy health wise....now I see a contract to also protect the breeder in case it wasn't genetic. I know a breeder that placed a puppy and the puppy was fine vet checked 3 times and then the day before the puppy left and then within 24 hours the buyers called and said something was wrong with the puppy and said it was the breeder's fault when in reality they dropped the puppy and to this day 4 years later he has brain damage and is blind and deaf and the breeder refunded the money and still has the baby but he's not doing good and that's the reason she and I don't place with small children!
JMHO!
Donna Bird
Brookynn's Yorkshire Terriers
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!