Thread: At My Witts End
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 05:44 AM   #4
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurak View Post
Hello All! hope I can get some help I just recently purchased a 5 1/2 month old yorkie did not plan on getting one at that age just happened to be passing by a kennel and it was basically love at first sight take me home. I had been looking at many yorkie breeders but some of the prices where just too high. Well on to my issue.

We took him home Sunday night and I took him for a walk outside my backdoor well to my surprise this poor boy has never been outside every little sound he began to shake and would only sit on my shoes and would not move until I did. I brought him in the house got him use to his surroundings and placed him in the room that he would be staying in most of the time while I potty train him. The kennel gave us a crate to use so after I feed him and once again taking him outside which seemed like shock to his system I placed him in the crate.

Well he yapped and he yapped I did not respond and take him out just left him alone and turned on the radio for him. Next day went thru the same routine feed him, took him out he did nothing at all because of being so scared took him back inside put in back in the crate what do you think happened he went to the bathroom, tried taking him back outside nothing.

Now since my mother is here and has a dog of her owns I think she is too focused on letting him run around the house and I try to tell her to leave him in the crate so he gets use to it. But no matter how many times I take him outside which he is getting abit use to but still listening to every sound he does nothing at all I constantly take him to the same spot and tell him "Go Potty" nothing. He also is scared to go back inside and must pick him up and take him back in. Now once I have to get ready for work or cook I place him back in the crate as I can not watch him and you know what happens he goes to potty or poop I cant catch him to take him outside and cant tell any of his signs.

I feel that now because he may have been couped up so much at the kennel he is use to going to the bathroom where he sleeps. I cant even feed him in the crate because he gets so jumpy he jumps all in his food and water so I must feed him right outside the crate as he does not pay attention to it being inside with him. I am lost and dont know what to do.
Have U tried just taking one of his toys outside with him to try to play with him to get him use to going outside? Do U have steps that he has to climb up and down? I have 2 8 month old females and I'm taking them for walks everyday and they are getting use to going up and down the steps to their Yorkie room, they too are scared I just kinda give a little pull on their harnesses to get them up the 1st step and then they will come of the rest of them, there's only 3 here tho.. As far as him dumpin' his food in his crate U can try these: ProSelect® Stainless Steel Coop Cup securely bolts to any wire cage to hold water or food. Removes easily with a twist of the wingnut. Easy to clean and extremely durable. This is what we use in each of our crates to allow each of our Yorkies (We have 5 in our Regular Pack) to eat so we can make sure how much they are eating. They work great and they don't dump them, if U get them just make sure they are very very tight on the side of the crate. They have 2 different sizes too. I'd say he's potty and dumpin' his food due to being in it all day long and night. Hope this will help U some and don't give up on him, he'll get use to U're ways soon.
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!