Thread: Scam!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
meglaulanmar
YT Addict

Default Scam!

Ok.. I just heard about this scam on the news and A lot of you sell on ebay and craig''s list. I would think that common sense would prevail here but there are people that don't realize that it takes a couple of days for checks to clear your bank.

This lady sold a tool box on Craig's list. A guy from out of state bought it and said that a friend would come pick it up. He mailed her a check for the $200. He then called and said his secretary accidently mailed a ck for $2500. He told her to go ahead and cash it so she would get her money right away and even keep another $100 for her trouble. When she cashed it to take the excess and western union it back to him (the other $2200).

Well, this ended up being a scam... the business was real but their name was being used w/o their permission. The ck looked legit! Needless to say the ck would bounce in 3 days to a week and by then she would have been down a lot of money!

Luckily someone warned her. But this is just another reason I would not take a check and if I did they would not get the product or dog w/o the check having cleared (like I stated on the 4-sale page and yet was attacked for it)! Just thought I would give people a head's up!
meglaulanmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!