View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Call me crazy but when we got Maggy May, for the longest time I always washed my hands before touching her, but she was really sick when we got her to and I didn't wanna risk passing something else onto her. I kept her in my bedroom for the first few weeks until she could start getting her shots, I'd only bring her out if I was carrying her. No one was allowed to wear there shoes in my bedroom and if anyone wanted to touch her, they had to wash there hands as well. I know parvo can live on shoes, floors and what not a very long time so I did the best I could and took the precautions I felt I need to to no carry anything into Maggy May. There were times I actually DID change my clothes before I'd mess with her if I came in contact with other animals that were questionable. Symptoms I would be on the look out for would be diahreahha (sp) or diahreahha (sp) with blood in it, or passing any blood from the bowels at all. Listless expression, lethargy, not eating or drinking pale white or grayish gums, not able to walk or stand or walks and staggers and falls, vomiting, refusing to eat or drink, temp. I'm sure others here will have more symptoms for you to keep an eye out for. For me, it's very important not to take her out anywhere except to the vet until she has all her vaccines, she's got enough to worry about as it is without picking something else up. Oh, and I don't take her outside to the potty either, I use puppy pads for her, I've seen other animals come into our yard and again, I don't wanna take any chances, besides, it's way to cold out right now for her. I'd maybe take your guys shoes off before coming in the house, that way you're not carrying anything into Tia. Good luck!

Last edited by Beabble; 03-12-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Beabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!