View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3teejay
When TeeJay reaches 6 months I am planning to have him neutered. My boyfriend on the other hand is TOTALLY against it. The reason being that he doesnt think TeeJay should lose his "manhood" as he would call it. Well just recently he said he found out some information about neutering that will change my mind. He says that neutering TeeJay will make him gain alot weight and to also be very lazy. I dont know if he's just making that up because he's against removing his "manhood parts" (since that was his original argument). I would rather take a fat and lazy TeeJay over an unhealthy TeeJay anyday. But I want to make sure he's not making it up so my question is.. is he right?

Secondly, since TeeJay is "our" dog, should I respect his opinion and not get him neutered. I know what the consequences are if you dont get your dog neutered and it really does worry me. I've tried explaining to him what could happen if he doesnt get neutured (and so has the vet!) but he thinks it's not fair for TeeJay to lose his "manhood". He even backfired at the vet and asked if human men got their's removed, would that make them healthier and live longer? (I was sooo embarrassed) What would you guys do if you were in my position?
I would tell your boyfriend that dogs do get testicular cancer and this should be done for his own health. If he still disagrees I think I would probably go ahead and do it anyway, he will get over it. I've had dogs neutered and spayed and no they do not gain weight some might but most don't. If they have a tendency to be on the heavy side then they will. Just keep feeding them the same.
shecass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!