Thread: over protective
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 06:44 AM   #7
y0rkiesR0ck
YT Addict

Default especially little kids!!

omg, i had a situation like this that almost got me into a fight...

i was at a festival walking Kash on a leash, and this little boy (no older than 4) was running passed me... and as soon as he saw Kash, he stopped in his tracks, and just picked my puppy up without asking or anything... (remember this boy is very young!)

as soon as the boy did this, i politely said, "no, no" and took Kash away from him... when i did this, his mom (who was walking a distance behind her son) said to someone she was walking with (but loud enough for me to hear), "did you see how she just snatched her dog away from him like he was going to hurt the dog? calm down!"

i didn't say anything, but i wanted to tell her she should teach her son some manners. you (young or old) can't just run up to a stranger's dog and pick it up, especially a tiny yorkie. it's one thing for an adult that you know to do it, but a 4 year old boy that you've never seen in your life is another! i almost had a heart attack thinking he would drop Kash.

anyway, i think about that moment sometimes and wish i had said something to the boy's mom. it wasn't the boy's fault after all. his mom just didn't teach him not to do things like that.

i mean, our yorkies (or any dog for that matter) are like our children. how would she like it if i saw her son, and then ran and picked him up?? she'd be like, "who are you? and why are you picking up my son??" lol!!

anyway, just thought i'd share!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!