View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post

Did you get a break down on that quote? Reese's...with a complete blood panel beforehand...neutaring cost me about 225. I'm not sure how involved it is for removing dew claws....

Yes!!! That quote definitely took the wind outta me lol. I didnt think it would be that bad because his dewclaws aren't attached by a bone. The vet even said it'd be a simple easy procedure since they dont have break any bones. I got a rough quote for his nuetering like a month ago from the cashier and she said between $200-300. With the $600+ quote it included the overnight stay, Anesthesia, and pain meds. Soo I dont know if thats normally included in the quotes and thats why its so high?

Another thing that kinda bothered me was that they keep him overnight. I completely 150% trust my vet. He is an amazing guy. Extremely educated and knows what hes doing. He actually practiced for 15 yrs and then decided to open up his own animal hospital. Its complete with the latest technology, he'd been on different talk shows with his work and has had articles and research published. I didnt just go to any vet. Anyway I was upset when I heard this, I can't imagine leaving my baby their overnight!!! The posts Ive read here, people said they picked their babies up the same day. Has anyone had to leave their babies overnight?
silyjillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!