View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveOurYorkie View Post
I'm new to Yorkie Talk and I this is my first time being a yorkie mom.
I am not sure how to take good care of my yorkies coat. I bought a puppy shampoo for him but, his hair arond his face looks kind of oily after I dry him. I'm not sure if it is the shampoo or if it is me trying my best not to get it in his ears,eyes exc.. What kind of shampo should I use? How many times a week should I give him a bath? I have read that I should not brush his coat when it is dry and not to comb it when it is wet.. How Should I brush him? What should I put on his coat before I do so? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give...
Welcome to Y.T.!!...If you go to the Grooming section you might find some good tips for your situation....Our yorkies tend to have different coats so what may work for one will not be so great with another....For instance two of mine have silky coats so their a breeze to take care of, the third one has a cottony coat and it can get like wadded up cotton candy if I don't take extra care of him.....I always brush mine out before bath to help get out mats and tangles I find a slicker brush works wonders....I do bathe mine every 5 days they start looking stringy and they lose their good smell....Good luck searching and feel free to ask questions also....
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!