View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Shelby View Post
BJH~ If you re-homed the puppy into a new home would you charge them your standard fee or discount the dog's selling price? Also, if I keep this puppy and decide to purchase a female from her in 2 months, would it be appropriate to ask the breeder then to discount the female, rather than replace or fully refund the first puppy?
If the puppy had health issues I would not try to sell him but try to find a home where someone would be willing care for him and his condition. I have never dealt with this sort of problem but I would not want to euthanize the puppy as long as he was not suffering. If you still wanted another dog from the same breeder and wanted to keep the puppy then she should probably just give you a female or let you pay the difference if she charges more for females. As long as you are not planning on breeding I see no problem getting another dog from the same breeder as long as it is healthy. I just think it would be wiser to return the puppy now or you might be in for a lot of heartache.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!