View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
y0rkiesR0ck
YT Addict

Default very frustrated... do i need to wake up earlier????

okay, sorry to post the billionth thread on potty training, but i'm desperate. it's not even about the peeing really, but the pooping is getting on my last nerve!!

kash does very well to go pee outside first thing in the morning when i take him out. and i KNOW he has to poop, but with the grass being wet from dew, and the cold climate, he refuses to poop outside!!! his feet and under belly get soaking wet, and he stands at my feet, shivering and whining. he whines until i give up and take him back inside. sometimes he doesn't even bother standing at my feet, he'll just run up to the back door and wait there. then, as soon as surrender to his will, he poops inside the house!

i'm standing out there with him for 15 minutes at a time... is that not long enough? i thought it was... but at this point, i feel like it doesn't matter how long i stand outside with him, he'll just hold off until we go back inside.

this morning when he wouldn't poop outside, i locked him in the kitchen instead of letting him hang out in the bathroom with me like usual. when i came back downstairs, he hadn't pooped, so i took him back outside. again, he just stood there and whined. i took him back to the kitchen, and he pooped.

does anyone have any suggestions? do i need to wake up even earlier so i have more time to wait outside with him??

thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!