View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
I Miss Shelby
YT Addict

Default Heart murmur-what you do..

What would you do as a buyer or as a breeder. (I aslo posted this in the breeder section?
I just picked up my puppy yesterday and took him to the vet today. He is 8 weeks old (I know ) and he was diagnosed with a stage 3 systolic murmur. I paid $900 for him AKC limited . As a side note, I was planning on also buying a female from her in 2 months. I have not talked to her yet, as I wanted to get some input from YT first. The breeder does have a 1 yr warranty for congenital defects. I am willing to wait a few months and see if he grows out of it or if it reduces in stage but because there is no guarantee, would it be appropriate to ask for a discount of say $400 on either this puppy or the pending female? I don't know what she would do with this puppy if I returned it for a replacement in the future~what would you do with it? Give it away or sell it at a low price based on it's health record? I want this to be a win-win for both me/my puppy and the breeder.
Please respond ASAP so I can give my breeder a call soon. Thanks
(I also posted this in the general discussion section~sorry for the duplicate posting but I thought that more posters would see this)
I Miss Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!