View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 AM   #31
hha
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninajv View Post
I have no idea but on the pet channel they were saying that when you fix home cooked meals that most of the time they are to high in fat and don't have enough of the total vitamines needed for your pet but I really haven't researched that yet. I did look at a few recipes and they looked wonderful to me but I am no dietitian. I really do like the idea though because after looking at what is really put into petfood I am really scared to feed that to my baby. I would like knowing what they are eating and supplements I'm sure would be fine and a little extra walking or just playing fetch would be fine.
I'm glad you don't know what they put in to some of the food we eat ourselves...My good friends father used to work where they made hot dogs...do you know, they are allowed to use so much rat hair as protein in certain foods, ground up earthworms, etc? IMO, I think dog food is the best for them..All of our dogs have lived long healthy lives..The youngest dog we've had die, was 15 years old, he ate purina dog food, just like the chihuahua that lived to be 19..none of the dogs ever had to go to the vets for anything, other than shots..
hha is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!