Thread: Taxes!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #12
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascot View Post
Oh I have a good story for this, I had to not only do my taxes but do an amendment because my taxes got kicked back because some criminal decided to use my child's social so now we have to do an investigation that won't even start for 8 to 10 weeks.... I was so mad Oh well, at least I will be able to track them down.... Idiots, Dot
Well, I did discover a doozy last Friday involving ours that could have delayed the payment a whole bunch! I forgot to tell the accountant that we had changed banks and since we have e-filed for years, they just had the old bank info already set up. I thought about it the day after they filed it and was freaking out. Called the IRS and they said I would have to wait for it to get sent electronically to my bank, they would kick it back and then it would have to be re-worked as a check payment. NO TELLING how long that would have delayed our payment! Then I had an idea..... I called my old bank and asked if we could reopen that account long enough for the deposit to hit. Amazingly they said yes and that's what I'm going to go do today. Small town though..... not sure all banks would do that for you. I feel so much better after they said I could do that! Always remember to make sure your banking info is up to date!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!