Thread: Cali update
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

Default Cali update

Cali went to the er last week for eating a latex toy and seemed to be doing ok but then yesterday she started in with some bloody poop and hunched over. I didn't want to take her to the ER again as I wanted her regular vet to see her and go over some of the findings the Er vet found ie spondylosis, grade 4 LP. So I got her in this morning and her vet went over everything with me and I feel so much better. Cali does have gastroenteritis, so she is on meds for that. She said when they are hunched over it can aggravate her back condition so she put her on a pain med that won't aggrevate her MVD. Then we decided to do blood work to get a feel for how she is doing liver, kidney wise, The vet came back in later, with the lab results and said she was tickled pink. Everything but 2 were in the completely normal range and the 2 that werea little on the low side were liver function indiators and she said that was great given her MVD. I also asked her why the er vet said she had grade 4 LP but had not shown ANY symptoms, She explained that since when they manipulate it is an artificial environment and in the real world she may not have the knee popping out. She said she had a dog live to 15 1/2 with grade 4 and no symptoms, So I felt much better, we are just going to watch her on that. So all in all I feel a lot better and hoepfully with the meds Cali will to in a few days!!! Roxie went in and had her rabies shot too!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!