View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #12
must save Joey
Yorkie Talker

Cry

First of all thanks for all of the feedback I am getting. I have a lot to absorb and learn from all of this. In trying to respond to everything,

Joey is on the Hills KD which contains brewers yeast, pork fat, dried egg, flax seed, corn meal, soy fiber. percentages are crude pro 12%, fat 16%, and fiber 2.8%.

I am readin about LD food which sounds like a canned product and Royal Canine Hepatic. I would rather stick to a dry food to make my life easier. Also I have another little yorkie who shares the same bowl. Any problems with that do you think??

I am also seeing the mention of denosyl, vetriDMG, hepatosupport, and marin. I will have to learn more about these as I haven't heard of any of this. Are they necessary at this time due to the normal LFTs at this point. Or am I using other things mentioned here to prevent a problem? Thanks!

The only tests that show abnormal for Joey thus far are the bile acids (several times) and amonia level once which I question the handleing of the specimen. I am very very puzzled by the fact that his phenobarb levels are normal range. I would think that if the blood was shunting past the liver I would see sky high phenobarb levels and more seizure activity since it was not being metabolized by the liver.

For those of you that have experienced shunts or MVD what signs will I see next do you think? Joey is 4 1/2 years old and looks and acts completely healthy at this time except for the seizures which I have not seen since 12/16 and mid November prior to that.

I will have to figure out how to get a picture of my 2 babies on this site. They sure are precious. Thank you everyone for all of the input. The uncertainty of little Joey breaks my heart. He replaced my son when he left for the Coast Guard. I should have know to avoid the pet store. I took in a cockerspaniel when my son went off to kindergarten!! I sense a pattern.
must save Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!