View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey12 View Post
I have Zeus, who has MVD. Thought he had an operable shunt, opened him up, realized his situation, closed him up and told me he wouldn't live to see 2. He was 10 mos. old at the time. He will be 7 in May. He just had bloodwork done last Fri. and is fairly normal. Bilirubin a tad high and some of his globulins. He is on Hill's LD and Denosyl and is doing just great!!! We are actually changing his diet to the WD because he is a little chubby at 9.7 lbs Hence the elevated globulins We'll see how that goes. Hopefully won't negatively affect anything. We are basically switching 2 grams of fat for 2 grams of protein, but the protein content is still pretty low. Anyway, I think figuring out the correct protocol for your dog's situation is key. Hopefully the vet can figure out what is driving all of this and give you some definitive answers. I wish you all the best. Juliet
Hi Juliet, I just wanted to mention that you might try giving Royal Canin Hepatic LS 14 instead of the L/D if your baby is becoming chubby. It contains Much less fat and is specifically for liver compromised dogs. I prefer it over the L/D just because most dogs actually love it and it is much lower in fat. W/D contains chicken, so is not optimal for liver compromised dogs. RC Hepatic is very palatable, contains increased amounts of Vitamin E and zinc that liver compromised dogs need, and much better for liver compromised dogs than W/D.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!