View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 04:38 AM   #30
midnightmist
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I too have comented on the fact that yorkies seem to be larger over here than in the usa.Most of the yorkies I have had have been on the larger side.My Ellie weighs 6.8lb,and I too get asked is she a teacup.I just laugh and say she's just a normal yorkie.At 8 months she weiged just under 3lbs.She is a bit plumper than I would like at the moment,I think her food suits her a little too well!Royal Canin Yorkshire.
Tea cup is just a description used by people to give an idea of the size of the dog,the dog will fit in a teacup, so you can imagine what size it will be without actually seeing the dog.This is normally done in advertising to make a dog sound more appealing.In any other breed these pups would normaly be classed as runts.
Tino looks to be growing into a beautiful little yorkie and should be in the standard for a yorkie.With yorkies over here tending to be larger it seems that all yorkies that are in the standard,under 7lbs, seem to be classed by the general public as teacups.These so called tea cup yorkies will always be around while people advertise them like this.It's Crufts this week,I don't think you will find a class for teacup yorkies,just standard
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!