View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
xtine
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Some people just don't need dogs.

This was supposed to be last night, but I was so mad that I fell asleep lol.

Anyways, A friend of mine that breeds Shih Tzu's (I think she's a byb in my opinion) Had a litter a few days ago. She seemed very interested in the puppies (There were 7 babies!).. And she was asking me for advice (which I'm still a noobie at so we were both at a loss)..

I referred her to some of the Shih Tzu forums you guys had given me a while back.. but my gosh.. she always have to have competition with me and I hate it.. Our friendship is a sorta love hate kinda thing.

Well about the puppies.. first she tells me that one of the puppies got it's let stuck outside the crate and cut his leg. SO of course I ask her, if it's bleeding, is it big, what does it look like, how is the puppy. and she tells me it looks necrotic/purple-ish in color. My first thing was GO TO THE EMERGENCY VET NOW.

Mind you this was on AOL instant messenger. I started typing to her the address of the emergency vet, the name of the vet techs and vet that I go to and trust.

and do you know what had the guts to tell me?! "oh i don't really wanna go to pay that much for one little guy.. he's only like 3 days old anyways and it's expected to happen to lose one or two in a litter"

I nearly choked on my own saliva. I was like OMFGosh are you out of your mind? She said she didn't have the money for one little puppy. I told her to go there anyways i'm sure they could work something out.. I for the life of me told her i'd freaking take the puppy to the vet. I asked her to at least put an ace bandage on the little guy's leg, give some nutrical, and maybe some pedialyte if he lost a lot of blood, which she tells me he didn't and to call the vet.

She logged off shortly and I proceeded to call her.. no answer... i kept trying.. but no answer.. about 20 minutes after she comes back online and tells me she was feeding him and he's doing okay and that his leg is okay and not purple/necrotic anymore (at this point i'm like confused).. She told me she was just overreacting.

I hope to god that poor little puppy is okay and that nothing bad happens to those puppies.. I swear I should have drove to her house to confiscate all those puppies.. but my boyfriend had my car and went to work.

Was I overreacting? She thinks i'm a nut because I treat my dogs like my kids. I also told her how I was going to get Ginger x-rays and an ultrasound. she told me I was stupid and shouldn't pay $200 for it. She told me I need to let Nature take care of it I was PISSED.. I told her that sometimes nature isn't enough. I then told her when humans are pregnant don't we get ultrasounds.. and she was dumbfounded...

Am I overreacting? sorry just needed to vent somewhere where she couldn't read this...

I'm going to talk to her today and I want to see the puppies.. if they are in bad shape.. Am I a bad person if I report it?
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!