View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
penningtone
YorkieTalk Newbie!

If you're not trusting of your vet, I would work hard to research a new clinic. My Lola was spayed around 7 months of age and they pulled 2 baby teeth at that time. She was in plenty of pain after the spay, but the teeth were a breeze. Luckily my vet's office doted on Lola like she was their own. She woke up in the arms of a vet tech, and they swaddled her in a baby blanket all day. Make sure to ask for plenty of take-home pain medicine too.

I know it's worrisome to put your baby under anesthesia, but it's really better to do it now versus later. Pre-surgery bloodwork will help flag any potential problems, and a caring vet will make surgery and recovery as comfortable as possible.

My advice... ask TONS of people for referrals. In my town, we have expensive and inexpensive vets that offer mediocre care. I found Lola's doctor after visiting a few places and getting that bad "vibe". If you're not 100% happy, just keep looking. The right doctor and clinic will go our of their way to ease your fears.

Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!