View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Ellie was having a frequent urination issue, she had a severe vaccine reaction and she was poorly bred, so I wanted her tested. Liver biopsy and ultrasound were normal except for an inflamed pancreas (pancreatitis). She is on a lower protein diet and Denosyl for now.

Could you post the name of or the ingredients of the kidney diet?
I am VERY surprised that he isn't on Denosyl or VetriDMG and Hepatosupport or Marin. Lactulose is necessary to push the toxins out of the symptom so he doesn't have seizures. Please get him on supplements.

A member of YorkieTalk, Yorkieluv, has a Yorkie, Miko. He had to have the surgery to somehow make his pee hole larger. He was peeing out 20 stones a day. These were ammonium urate, I believe. It is a side effect of liver shunt. He also seized often. His problem is inoperable. Anyway, it did not look good for him and the vet even thought they were going to lose him and he is still here!!! Yorkieluv made some adjustments to his protocol and he is doing much better. Hopefully she will see this thread.

U. of Tenn. is the best in the world for this surgery (if his is operable) and I think they charge less than $1500 (this may not always be the case) plus portogram or scintography. $4000 is WAY too much.

This is a great group. They can help you:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/L...d_MVD_Support/
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!