View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
must save Joey
Yorkie Talker

Thanks for the reply. I replied to you but it hasn't appeared so I will type this again. Joey has had LFT's drawn that were normal. One amonia drawn was high but unsure if processed correctly. Bile acid were drawn about 5 times ranging for 25-120+. Strangely 6 weeks ago it was normal and when repeated 2 weeks ago it was 70. He is on a "kidney diet" dry food with no other supplements or meds except for phenobarb. The vet said we would have to use Flaygl to decrease GI bacteria when he starts to become symptomatic. The anesthestic is unknown to me. It was probably the entire gammit of meds used as we didn't know of a problem at that time. The vets says we can hold off on scan and surgery as he is doing OK at this time. My fear is that when he becomes ill and needs intervention it will be too late and he will not handle the anesthetic or surgery.

How have you found out that your pup doesn't have a shunt or MVD with these elevated bile acids? What are your pups symptoms and how are you treating the problem? The University wants $4000 for scan and surgery which would be well spent if I knew it was in Joey's best interest.
must save Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!