View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
mali rocky
Yorkie Talker

Embarassed teeth removal & couple q's

My lil guy is 10 months old and he has not yet been neutered and he has 2 rows of teeth. I have been to the vet about a month ago and he definitely suggested that we have his teeth pulled but I am scared to death to put him under anesthesia and I am affraid of what the procedure and recovery is like? he is so tiny I am scared of the pain he might go through !
I have tried to brush his teeth but its impossible because he wont let me mess with his mouth but his breath is sooo stinky. He has always been very protective of his mouth. I am not sure what to do. I understand that this would be for his good but he means everything to me and I just dont know how I am supposed to trust some vet...This makes me so emotional but I really want to provide him with the best care I possibly can. So can anyone please share what the entire teeth removal procedure is like? and any other info, comments or ideas you might have. Thank you!

-also he always licks his front and back paws before going to sleep, is that okay?
-during the night when he's asleep he sometimes makes these little whining noises I am not sure why?
mali rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!