View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

I have recently had a few episodes of gastric upset with little Ranger, one of which required a four day hospital stay due to dehydration from just one day of diarhea, it can happen very quickly with these tiny things.

He was fine for a couple weeks and then had another episode, which we combatted with Pepto and didn't have to have him hospitalized. One week later, another episode of diarhea and 4-5x of vomitting throughout the night. We took him in first thing, gave him Reglan to combat his naseua, and my vet suggested we change food (of course he suggested changing to Science Diet), as Ranger might have an allergy to the Innova that was upsetting his system. He is thinking allergies as all tests came back normal. I changed him to Wellness last week and he's been fine.

Bottom line, please take your dog to another vet if this one doesn't do anything. Vomitting once a week is not normal, 4-5 times is an emergency. I have heard bad things about Royal Canin, you may want to consider changing food. Also, never any table scraps for these little guys, as others have said, pancreatitis from too much fat is SO common.

I am SORRY to hi-jack your thread, I have just been through so much of this lately, I hope I never have to deal with it again!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!